Monday, October 7, 2019

Introductory

Salutations to whomever may be viewing this body of text. Welcome to my blog. My name is Jeffrey and I am a senior at Fort Lauderdale High School. I am currently enrolled in the AICE Media Studies class during fifth period, which is taught by Mr.Katz and Ms.Marchionne. As required by the course, I have created this blog with the intention of recording my progress within this class throughout the school year. Though I may lack much knowledge on cinematography, I aim to become enlightened on the various aspects of media, grow proficient in the likes of editing, filming, and producing, and ultimately acquire the skills required to excel in this field, all by the end life this year. Though I will not pursue a career in media studies, I am looking forward to this course and what it has in store. By completing this course and passing the AICE exam in May, I will be able to earn more college, making my enrollment in the class even better.


Being a member of the Cambridge Program, I have always been taking AICE classes with the goal of receiving my AICE diploma. After countless essays, last minute assignments and exams, I finally earned it at the end of my junior year. During my 4 years at Fort Lauderdale High School, I have taken a total of 8, going in to 9, AICE classes. These include courses such as AICE Marine Science, AICE Psychology , AICE Sociology, and AICE Euro. Though it was rigorous and often left me ready to give up, the Cambridge program has helped me in several ways: It has provided me with college credits that would not only enable me to advance in college, but also have financial coverage over classes that would have cost me thousands of dollars. It has given me my AICE Diploma, which has made me eligible for the Bright Futures scholarship. It has also taught me various essay strategies and techniques that have improved my writing through the course of my high school career. Most importantly it has made me knowledgeable in a variety of subjects.

With the opportunities, skills, and development I have acquired since birth, I believe that I have the potential to do great things with my life. I must note there are limitations preventing me from being where I need to be academically, financially, and mentally, but once I overcome them I am sure my success will be in arms reach. After I graduate from high school,  I have decided that I want to pursue a career as a pharmacist. I intend on heading north to study my major. I am aware that it will be hard work and may take me 6-8 years to reach my goal, but with determination, perseverance, and faith, it is possible. If I could go 12 years of school with no issue, then a little more should not kill me. I hope. As you continue to read these blog posts, I hope you gain a deeper understanding of my personality and see my progress as a media studies student.

No comments:

Post a Comment